Sep 20, 2009

Istanbul, In Pictures

Yup, so I'm still in Istanbul. Our time together, however, is waning. Last night, riding a ferry across the Bosphorus with my friend Shivang, gazing out over the mosques and bridges of the Sultanahmet area, I felt an emotion that seemed unfamiliar to me; for the first time since I arrived in Istanbul two weeks ago, I was bored. What was once a magical, awe-inspiring ride across one of the world's most famous straits, now seems no more spectacular than a bus ride on the Milwaukee Public Transit System.

Okay, maybe a little bit more spectacular.

Anyways, ten minutes later, I booked a train to Cappadocia. And in six and a half hours, I say goodbye to this city for the foreseeable future. I have a seventeen hour train ride to look forward to, so I'll save my thoughts for a long blog post to be written on the train.

In the meantime, here's some pictures taken in and around Topkapi Palace:











No comments:

Post a Comment